Dominican Feijoada II
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven.
- Cover with water to 2 inches above beans, and bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Drain beans; set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add Onion, kielbasa, and garlic; saute 10 minutes or until Onion is tender.
- Add cumin, and saute 1 minute. Return beans to pan.
- Add water and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 10 minutes or until beans are tender; remove bay leaf.
- Stir in vinegar and hot sauce.