Devilled Egg Casserole
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 hard cooked eggs
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp grated onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cut hard cooked eggs in halves, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks from the whites, and mash the yolks with the soft butter.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, onion and salt; mix well.
- Stuff the hard cooked egg whites generously with the mixture.
- Arrange in a greased casserole, or baking dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over them and bake in a moderate oven (350°F) for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter, then blend in the flour.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Add the salt and pepper and the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Use as directed above.