Date and Banana Medium-sweet Wine
- Peel and slice the banana's and place them in a saucepan with 1 liter of water.
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then, strain it into a jug, retaining the fluid.
- Chop the dates and place them in a plastic bucket.
- Add the sugar syrup, the banana juice and the tea.
- Add 1 liter of cold water.
- Let this all cool down until it reaches a temperature of 21°C (70°F).
- Add the citric acid, yeast nutrient and pectic enzyme and stir it well.
- Put the general purpose yeast in a bottle with 280 ml of tepid water.
- Shake it well and add it to the bucket after 12 hours.
- Keep the bucket in a warm place, stirring it daily for 7 days.
- After 7 days strain it into a jar.
- Top it up with water to the shoulder if necessary.
- Fit an airlock and leave it in the warmth again until fermentation has ceased.
- Rack into a clean jar when a sediment has formed, you can also sweeten it now if you want, refit the airlock and place the jar in a cool place to settle.
- When the wine clears, rack it again and add a crushed Campden tablet.
- Keep on racking the wine until fermentation is completely finished.