Crockpot Black-eyed Pea Soup with Ham and Greens
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ lb cooked ham, diced
- 1 lb collard greens, stems and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (16 oz) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Put all ingredients, except vinegar in crockpot.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Stir in cider vinegar just before serving.