Cracked Candy Cane Frozen Treat with Hot Fudge Sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 x medium candy canes (any flavour )
- 1 liter non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate grated
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Bring water, sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile seal candy canes in a ziplock plastic bag and crush candy with a small mallet.
- Place frozen yogurt or ice cream in food processor fitted with small blade.
- Add smashed candy canes and pulse to mix.
- Whisk grated chocolate and cocoa powder into corn syrup mixture, whisk in evaporated milk, vanilla and salt.
- Serve over frozen yogurt or ice cream. Served over frozen yogurt is a nice low fat treat.