Coquilles St. Jacques à la Provençale
These are sooo good, I can taste them just typing it!! L ove Scallops, Love garlic!! Best for first course, a starter, or appetizer (2 Scallops/person), possibly could double recipe for larger portions.
- 12 scallops
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Wash and dry the Scallops and separate the coral from the white flesh.
- Peel and smash the garlic.
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan and cook the white flesh very gently for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Season to taste.
- Place on paper towel and keep hot between two plates over a pan of hot water.
- Pour out the butter from the pan, wipe it out with paper and add the remaining butter and the coral, cook for 1 minute only on each side.
- Add the white flesh and the herbs and garlic, leave over the heat just long enough to mix thoroughly and divide between the heated shells, (plates).
- Serve immediately with a dry rose wine.