Cold South American Chicken
Serve with left over broth and your favorite Salsa on the side
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lemons, each cut in half
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, slit down the center,seeds left in
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, membranes removed, cut in thin strips
- ½ cup green pimento-stuffed , cut in half across
- 4 whole green onions
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- In a saucepan combine the broth, potatoes, lemons, jalapeno peppers and cumin bring to a boil, *add chicken, keep covered and simmer for 15 minutes or a bit longer.
- Remove from the heat, add cilantro and allow the chicken and potatoes to cool in the broth *mound the potatoes in the center of a large platter, cover with the shredded chicken and decorate with the eggs, red pepper strips and the 4 green onions.