Coconut Ricotta Cheesecake
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1¾ cups flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Toast 1 cup of coconut in a 350°F degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the toasted coconut for topping.
- Grease bottom and sides of an 8-inch spring form pan with softened butter.
- Press remaining toasted coconut on the bottom of pan.
- Press un-toasted coconut up sides of pan.
- Beat the ricotta cheese, cream cheese and coconut extract until fluffy.
- Combine1 cup sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Add eggs, all at once, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Do not over beat.
- Stir in milk.
- Turn into crust lined pan.
- Bake in a 375°F degree oven for about 45 minutes or until center appears set.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Spread atop baked cheesecake.
- Cool then chill and garnish with the reserved toasted coconut.