Coconut Lemon Syrup Muffins
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 90g butter
- 3/4 cup castor sugar (fine white sugar)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- lemon Syrup
- 1/2 cup castor sugar (fine white sugar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Grease a 12 hole (1/3 cup/80ml capacity) muffin pan.
- Sift flour into large bowl, rub in butter. Stir in Sugar, coconut, rind, egg and coconut cream. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with shredded coconut. Bake in moderately hot oven about 20 minutes. Pour hot lemon syrup over hot muffins, then turn onto wire rack to cool.
- lemon Syrup: Combine all ingredients in small pan, stir over heat, without boiling, until Sugar is dissolved, then simmer 2 minutes without stirring.