Cilantro Cream Risotto with Scallops
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- ¾ pound scallops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup uncooked u.s. arborio or medium-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine cream and cilantro in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced in half.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Dust scallops with flour mixture.
- Cook scallops in 2 tablespoons butter 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Do not overcook.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Cook onion and garlic in remaining butter over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup broth.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring adding remaining 1 cup broth and water allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency.
- It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, green onion, cheese and cilantro/cream mixture.
- Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in scallops.
- Serve immediately.