Christmas Eve Mull
- Pour white wine and red wine into a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
- Add vermouth, bitters, orange peel, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon pods.
- Heat wine mixture gently until very hot but do not boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat, cover with a lid and cool.
- Strain wine into a bowl.
- Just before serving, return wine to a clean saucepan.
- Add raisins and sugar.
- Heat gently until sugar is dissolved and wine is hot enough to drink.
- Add fruit slices and serve in heatproof mugs.