Chocolate Fort Cake
|Chocolate Fort Cake|
This recipe is for our Chocolate Fort Cake, a chocolate sponge designed like a desert fort. The cake is a perfect birthday cake for children, being visually attractive and having a simple taste: chocolate. This cake is enjoyed by the many people who like chocolate, cake, and toy soldiers.
- 12 oz (~335g) butter
- 12 oz (~335g) castor sugar
- 6 eggs
- 12 oz (335g) self-raising flour
- 2 oz (55g) ground almonds
- 1 oz (28g) Cocoa
- Toy soldiers and flags
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and castor sugar until smooth. If the butter is very hard, heat it for a few seconds in a microwave.
- Add the eggs one by one to the mixture, mixing all the time.
- Add the ground almonds, cocoa and flour to the mixture, again mixing all the time. Mix until it has a droopy consistency and is the same colour throughout. If it is not viscous enough to pour into a cake tin, add some milk.