Chicken Livers Normande
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tart cooking apples, cored and cut into eight wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 pound whole chicken livers, cut in half
- ¾ cup seasoned flour (flour, salt, and ground black pepper)
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 4 sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- ¼ cup seedless raisins
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook apple slices in 1 tablespoon butter until soft. Remove from pan and keep warm. Lightly dredge chicken livers in seasoned flour.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan in which apples were cooked. Saute livers for about 10 minutes. Add wine, apples and onions; cover and cook 5 minutes more to blend flavors.
- Combine rice, raisins and almonds in saucepan; heat thoroughly. Toss lightly.
- Serve livers and apples with mounds of rice.