Chicken Legs roasted with Honey and Middle-Eastern Spices
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 Servings.
- 4 large or 6 medium chicken legs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander seed
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp honey, slightly warmed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish and brush with olive oil.
- Combine spices and lemon zest in a bowl, then sprinkle and rub on chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Baste with pan juices and then drizzle with honey.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until cooked through.
- Use bone-in chicken breasts instead of chicken legs.
- The spice mix is also nice to rub on roasting chicken or pork loin or leg roasts.
- Drizzle such roasts with the honey near the end of cooking so it does not scorch.
Calories 278 | Fat 15.8g | Carbs 23.8g | Sodium 1,425Mg | Fiber 5g