Chicken Dorinda with Lemon and Herbs
- Rinse and dry the chicken pieces.
- To make the marinade, thoroughly mix the olive oil, garlic salt, lemon juice, herbs, and salt in a large bowl.
- If you are using wings, cut them into mini drumsticks and flat portions.
- Put chicken pieces into the marinade, and stir well so that all the pieces are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours to marinate thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F/200 °C.
- Arrange the chicken pieces and marinade in a large baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour off the marinade.
- Return the chicken to the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until well done and browned.
- As the chicken cooks, turn the pieces regularly so that they brown evenly.
- The outside of the chicken pieces should be crisp, and the inside soft and moist.
- Keep a close eye on the baking process.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Wash and dry them and arrange on a large plate.
- Neatly arrange the cooked chicken pieces on top and garnish with cherry tomatoes, mushroom slices, cilantro sprigs, and lemon wedges.
- Serve the chicken hot or cold, alone or with the rice.