Chicken, Pesto and Roasted Peppers Fettucine
What better to cook than something so fast and packed with flavor? I got this recipe from Sara Moulton's show. Instead of pulled rotisserie I just fried chicken breast with adobo. I also omitted the olives since they're not my taste. I almost went into a panic when I thought I lost the recipe. That's how much I love it! by Chef Christine
Time: 18 min, 8 min prep
- 2/3 cup basil pesto
- 1 (9 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups pulled cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups sliced roasted bell peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for the table
- Put the pesto in a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water.
- Whisk the pasta water into the pesto.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stiffing until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, peppers, and olives and cook, stirring until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and cheese to the pesto and toss and combine.
- Add the chicken mixture and combine.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and serve immediately.
- Pass parmesan at the table.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Groupp" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/s