Cheese Sausage Muffin
From "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group"
- 1 pound sausage
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 cup Atkins bake mix
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray muffin tins with PAM (I used a muffin tin that made a dozen muffins and this recipe was perfect)
- Crumble and cook sausage and drain fat.
- Separate eggs.
- Beat whites till stiff and set aside.
- Beat yolks and then add in bake mix, mayo, sour cream, and salt.
- Mix in crumbled sausage.
- Gently fold in egg whites with a spoon so as to not break down the whites too much.
- Spoon into muffins tins and bake for about 30 minutes.
Total carb count for the recipe is 26. With 119 grams of protein. About 2.16 carbs per muffin.
- "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends