Jelly Doughnuts - These are the real thing — they taste like the doughnuts that are sold. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 20 servings
- 55 min prep
- 4 cups flour
- 100 g margarine (1 stick)
- 30 g yeast (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cognac
- 3 drops vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- jelly or chocolate for filling
- Dissolve yeast + 1 teaspoon sugar in a little water.
- Put all the other ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Mix and knead till smooth.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Knead again, return to fridge for ½ hour.
- Roll out to 3 cent.
- Thick (a little more than an inch), shape your doughnuts (you can use the right size glass or doughnut cutter).
- Let rise ½ hour.
- Deep fry at 375°F, till golden, flip over when doughnut rises to top of oil and let the other side become golden as well.
- Fill with desired jelly (or a square of chocolate which will melt in the warm dough).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group