Canadian Bacon Omelet
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Galvan Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1991. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium potato cooked peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced Canadian bacon
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Combine eggs and ⅓ cup of the cheese.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add potato, bell pepper, onion, bacon and garlic then saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg mixture and spread evenly in bottom of skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until almost set.
- Place skillet in preheated 450 oven for 5 minutes/ sprinkle with remaining cheese then bake until cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group