California Avocado Poblano Soup
- To make garnish, mix tomato, green onion, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and a large pinch of salt; reserve.
- To make soup, dice avocado.
- Mix with remaining ⅓ tablespoon lime juice; reserve.
- Sauté onion, peppers, and garlic in oil over high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with wine; reduce by half.
- Add water or stock, cumin, chile powder, pepper, and salt.
- Simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Purée mixture with reserved avocado mixture and cilantro sprigs; thin to desired consistency with additional water or stock.
- Add additional salt, if necessary.
- Serve hot soup garnished with 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 teaspoon reserved tomato mixture, and a few broken tortilla chips.