California Avocado Pâté
- 2 large California avocados
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- fresh mint, chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1¼ cups sour cream or mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chopped black olives
- 1⅛ tsp sweet parsley
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed and carefully scoop out flesh and put in a bowl.
- Save the avocado skins for serving.
- Mash avocado with all remaining ingredients.
- Replace mixture into shells, smoothing down so as to keep avocado shape.
- Garnish with lemon twist and a sprig of parsley and serve with melba toast or crackers.
- Note: slight discoloration can occur if avocados are not freshly ripened.