California Avocado-Shrimp Calzone
- 12 California avocados, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Cups chopped red onion
- 3 Cups coarsely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 3 Cups lightly packed peeled, deveined Shrimp
- 3 Cups Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 6 tsp shredded, fresh basil*
- 4 Pounds 8 ounces pizza dough
- olive oil, as needed
- Dried basil, as needed
Gently fold in reserved avocado; reserve, tightly covered.
Scale dough into 24 pieces, 3 ounces each; roll each into a circle about 7 inches in diameter.
Place 1/2 cup reserved avocado mixture on half of circle; lightly flatten, leaving a 1-inch
Fold other half over. Tightly seal edges, then flute; arrange on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Bake at 400¢ªF until browned, about 18 minutes.
Cool; refrigerate tightly wrapped for storage.
Heat 1 calzone until warmed through.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried basil can be substituted.