Cajun Oven-fried Catfish
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serving Size : 4
- 1 pound catfish or trout or other medium-fat fish fillets, about ¾ inch thick
- ¼ cup buttermilk or non-fat milk
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅓ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Creole seasoning
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- lemon wedges, if desired
- Move oven rack to position slightly above middle of oven. Heat oven to 500 °F.
- Remove and discard skin from fish. .
- Cut fish into 2 x 1½-inch pieces.
- Mix buttermilk and egg white with fork.
- Mix cornmeal, breadcrumbs and Cajun Creole seasoning.
- Dip fish into buttermilk mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Place in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Lightly spray cooking spray on fish.
- Bake uncovered about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items):
- 198 Calories; 4g Fat (19.0% Calories from fat); 22g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate;
- 1g Dietary fiber; 66 mg Cholesterol; 210 mg Sodium.
- Exchanges: 1 grain (starch); 2½ lean meat; 0 non-fat milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.