Cajun Chicken and Rice with Veggies and Beans
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 links smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 8 oz chicken tenders, cut up
- 2 packets Cajun Sides Red Beans & Rice mix
- 4 cups water
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Heat a skillet. Add sausage and onion, cover and cook until sausage is lightly browned.
- Add peppers, sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, sauté 1 minutes.
- Stir in rice mixes and water, bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in scallions. Serve with your favorite hot sauce.