Cabbage Salad with Caraway and Raisins
- 1 lb cabbage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
1.Thinly shred cabbage using a sharp knife or mandoline.
2.Heat oil in a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat.
3.Add scallions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4.Add the cabbage and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
5.Add the raisins, nuts, vegetable stock and cook, stirring often for 3–4 minutes until cabbage is lightly softened.
6.Remove from stove and pour cabbage mixture in a large bowl. Add caraway seeds, mint and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well coated.
- Cabbage Salad with Caraway and Raisins from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource