Broccoli Potato Soup
Farmers' Market Recipes by the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 20–30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups water
- 3 cups skim milk
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- Bring water to a boil. Add vegetables and cook over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Do not drain.
- Remove half of vegetables and mash. Return them to pot. Add milk, pepper, and garlic. Heat through. Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.