Briam-stuffed Halloumi wrapped in Lountza
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 small aubergine, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh, thyme or organo
- 1 pkt 225g (8oz) Halloumi Cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, skinned and sliced
- 8 thin slices of lountza or smoked Ham
- 50g (2oz) butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, skinned, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 tbsp each of chopped black olives and capers
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- To make the briam, heat oil in a heavy-based pan, fry the aubergine and courgette slices until tender.
- Stir in garlic and herbs, cook for 1 minute, season and leave to cool. Cut Halloumi into 8 slices with the briam, top with remaining Halloumi slices.
- Wrap each Halloumi and briam filling in 2 smoked Ham slices to make a parcel.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan, add the Halloumi and lountza parcels, fry for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Place on season to taste. Pour over the Halloumi parcels and serve.