Braised Red Cabbage
- 1 red cabbage, head, cored, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ potato, peeled, grated fine
- Shred cabbage through a food processor outfitted with a fine metal blade.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in apple, onion, bacon, and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, vinegar, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the potato and cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.