If you enjoy the pungent flavor of blue Cheese, this soup is for you. The base is a puree of low carb veggies cooked in chicken broth.
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, mushrooms and cauliflower.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and water; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return pureed soup to soup pot.
- Add blue cheese to last batch of soup and puree until smooth.
- Heat through, if necessary.
- Before serving, top with crumbled bacon.