Black Olive-Red Pepper-stuffed Pastry Bundles
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Puckett Estate in Irving, Texas in 1990. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 square sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup pitted black olives
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 green onion chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- Coarsely blend the olives and roasted red pepper in a food processor.
- Add tomato, green onion parsley and pepper flakes and mix well.
- Divide each puff pastry into 9 equal squares.
- Place some olive filling into each pastry and fold into bundles.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and put black seeds on top.
- Bake at 400 until golden brown.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group