Black-eyed Pea Pasta Salad
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 6 oz small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 15 oz can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- ¾ cup diced, seeded and peeled cucumbers
- ¾ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¾ cup diced seeded tomato
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- In a salad bowl, combine cooked pasta, black-eyed peas, green onions, cucumber, green pepper, tomato and jalapeno pepper.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.