Beet Salad with Roquefort and Walnuts
Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Quick Cuisine Pressure Cooker Cookbook
- Preparation time: 20 Minutes
- Makes 6 Servings
- 4 medium sized beets, gently washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup shelled walnuts, halves or pieces
- 2 oz roquefort or blue cheese
- 4 servings mixed salad greens
- In a 3-quart or larger Duromatic pressure cooker, place whole beets on the steaming trivet with ½ cup of water in the bottom of the cooker.
- Close the lid and bring pressure to the second red ring (15psi) over high heat.
- Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at the second red ring and cook for 10 to 14 minutes depending on the size of the beets.
- Off heat, allow the pressure to subside naturally.
- Cool beets, slip off their skins and cut into julienne strips.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and mustard together.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking to make a vinaigrette.
- Toss the beets in the vinaigrette to coat them.
- Arrange greens on each plate and place beets on top.
- Just before serving, crumble roquefort over each serving and garnish with walnut pieces.