Bayou la Batre Shrimp
Bayou la Batter Shrimp Mornay
Serving Size : 4
- 2 cn Standard Oysters, Drained
- margarine, Melted
- 1/4 c All Purpose flour
- 2 c milk
- 2/3 c Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 c Shredded Swiss cheese (2 Oz)
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1/4 ts pepper
- 1/8 ts Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c Crushed Round Buttery
Chopped Fresh parsley
Repeat Procedure With Oysters And vermouth.
Cook Onion in 1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tbs. butter in a Heavy Saucepan OverMedium-High Heat, Stirring Constantly, Until Tender. Reduce Heat to Low;Add flour; Stirring Until Smooth. Cook 1 Minute, Stirring Constantly.Gradually Add milk; Cook Over Medium Heat, Stirring Constantly, UntilMixture is Thickened And bubbly. Add Cheeses, salt, pepper, And nutmeg,Stirring Until Cheeses Melt. Spoon Sauce Evenly Over Seafood Mixture.Combine Cracker Crumbs And 1/4 Cup Melted butter; Sprinkle Evenly OverCasseroles. Sprinkle With paprika. Bake, Uncovered, at 350 For 20 to 30Minutes or Until Golden And Thoroughly Heated.
Garnish, if Desired With Chopped Fresh parsley.
- "World Recipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/World_Recipes