- 1 1/2 pound butter
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 12 large Shrimp, heads on (16 to 20 to the pound)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and add all ingredients, except Shrimp.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and saute for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and ladle butter sauce over Shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and three slices of lemon.
- Serve with French bread and salad for a classic New Orleans delight.