Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
- 10–oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove as much moisture as possible
- 1 cup small curd low–fat (2%) cottage cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1/4 cup soft blue Cheese, crumbled (1 oz.)
- 14–oz. can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 8 thin slices Italian bread, toasted, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
3. With small, sharp knife, score an “x” in base of each tomato. Carefully drop tomatoes into boiling water and cook 20 seconds. Remove from water with slotted spoon. When cool enough to handle, peel tomatoes with small sharp knife and cut out cores. Cut each tomato in half through equator. With spoon, scoop out and discard seeds, then remove and discard about half of the flesh from each tomato half.