- 8-10 pound cleaned fish (salmon, cod, snapper or lake trout)
- salt & pepper
- garden vegetable stuffing
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup margarine/butter melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Garden vegetable stuffing
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine/butter
- 2 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 3 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For garden vegetable stuffing; stir onions and margarine over heat, then add in remaining ingredients.
For main component; rub inside of fish with salt & pepper then stuff. To close fish use skewers and string. Cover fish with oil in a baking pan, then sprinkle margarine and lemon juice. Place in 350 degree F oven for ~1.5 hours. While cooking occasiohnally brush with margarine and lemon juice to keep fish moist. Done when fish flakes with ease when checking with a fork.
- K:10191v0:75421. Kraft foods. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/stuffed-fish-fillets-75421.aspx.
- Crocker, Betty (1979). Betty Crocker's Cookbook New and Revised Edition. Golden Press/New York Western Publishing Company, Inc.. pp. 72. ISBN 78-52003.