Baked Potatoes with Cheese
Cartofi cu brinza la cuptor.
- 2 lbs / 1 kg potatoes
- 7 oz / 200 g sheep cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz / 100 g butter or lard
- Wash the potatoes and boil in their jackets.
- When they are done, peel and cut into medium thin slices.
- In a well buttered dish, put one layer of potatoes, then some sprinkled cheese, then another layer of potatoes and then some more sprinkled cheese.
- Repeat this until all potatoes and all cheese have been layered.
- Pour the beaten eggs mixed with sour cream and salt on top.
- Dot with some butter.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.