Baked Chicken and Garlic Orzo
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Scranton Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 chicken breast halves skinned
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 can chicken broth
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then heat over high until hot.
- Add chicken breast halves then brown meat side down for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium high then add wine.
- Stir with flat spatula scraping brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Cook 30 seconds or until slightly reduced then set aside.
- Spray square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add pasta, onions, garlic, parsley, oregano, chicken broth, water and wine mixture and stir.
- Place chicken breasts on top then sprinkle lightly with paprika and lemon pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken then add salt and olive oil to baking pan and mix well.
- Place chicken on top then serve with fresh lemon wedges.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group