Baked Chicken Salad Casserole
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 3 cups chicken cooked and cut up
- 1½ cups celery chopped
- 2 cups French dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup potato chips crushed
- Marinate chicken and celery in french dressing for 1 hour.
- Combine chicken, celery, ½ cup grated cheese and almonds then blend sour cream, mustard and salt and pour over chicken and toss to blend.
- Put into baking dish.
- Combine potato chips and remaining grated cheese and put on top of chicken mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 300°F.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group