Baked Beans à la Crockpot
- 3 cups beans, (1½ lbs) (pea, navy)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup catsup
- ¼ cup brown sugar (½ cup if you like it very sweet)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ cup tomato juice, if made in oven
- Wash and sort beans.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let soak 2 hours.
- Bring to a boil again and then simmer about an hour or until cooked, but not soft or mushy.
- Drain beans.
- Put in the crockpot.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and stir into the beans.
- Turn on low and cook 10 - 12 hours or add ½ cup tomato juice.
- Cover tightly and cook in 200°F oven overnight.