Baked Apples with Amaretto
I have more cookbooks... but many do not have recipes on page 17. It's usually some part of an intro to the cookbook. Here is a Page 17 recipe:
For a really special presentation, roast these apples in individual apple bakers, small ceramic dishes made expressly for that purpose.
- Source: Dinner for Eight by Denise Landis (ISBN 978-0-312-32581-7)
From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 8 baking apples, such as Jonathan, JonaGold, Ida Red, Fuji, and Cortland, cored
- vegetable oil for greasing pan
- about 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- about ⅓ cup amaretto liqueur
- lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the apples in a lightly oiled baking pan just large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- If necessary, trim the bottoms so the apples stand upright.
- Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar in the center and on the top of each apple.
- Drizzle 1 or 2 teaspoons of amaretto in the center and over each apple.
- Bake until the apples are very tender and the sugar has melted, 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the apples.
- To serve, place the hot apples in individual bowls and top with some liquid from the pan.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group