This recipe is from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb. of salt cod (most times found in little wooden boxes)
- 5 to 6 large potatoes
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 green peppers, sliced into slivers
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- black olives, those sliced ones are real good
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped fine if fresh
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar or the juice of one lemon
- Soak cod fish overnight.
- Boil the cod fish the next day in unsalted water for 15 minutes.
- Flake fish and set aside.
- Boil potatoes, slice and set aside.
- Slice onion, peppers, crush garlic and sauté in olive oil.
- In large casserole add a layer as follows, potatoes, then fish, sliced hard-eggs, onion, peppers , garlic.
- Sprinkle olives and parsley.
- Pour olive oil over the entire casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for a ½ hour in a 3 qt. casserole dish.