Avocado and Shrimp Salad
- Combine the water, bay leaf, allspice, lemon and salt in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then decrease the heat to medium-low and add the shrimp.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the shrimp are curled and pink.
- Do not overcook the shrimp, as they are significantly better if just cooked through.
- Drain the shrimp and allow to cool completely before assembling the salad.
- To prepare the sauce, rinse the anchovy fillet, pat dry with paper towels and mince.
- Combine the anchovy, parsley and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Place a strainer over the bowl and juice the lemon over the contents.
- Add the pepper and red peppers and whisk to blend completely.
- To assemble the salad, cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits.
- With a large spoon, scoop out the avocado flesh and reserve the empty shells to present the salad.
- Distribute the cabbage among 4 salad plates.
- Make a hollow in the center of the cabbage and place the empty avocado shell in the hollow.
- Cut the avocado flesh into ½-inch cubes.
- Place the shrimp and avocado in a bowl.
- Fold the sauce into the shrimp mixture and mound the salad in the avocado shells.