Artichoke Tomato and Three-cheese Pizza
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Braham Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1992. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 4 large Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup coarsely grated asiago cheese divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pizza dough thawed
- 2 teaspoons basil-flavored olive oil divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese cut in small cubes
- 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts drained
- In stainless steel strainer combine chopped tomatoes and ¼ teaspoon salt then set aside for 30 minutes to drain excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In small size bowl stir together ricotta cheese, ¼ cup asiago, basil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Roll out or stretch pizza dough to fit 12-inch round pizza pan.
- Drizzle 1teaspoon basil oil over the dough and spread evenly with the ricotta mixture.
- Scatter ½ the tomatoes and ½ the mozzarella over the ricotta.
- Arrange artichoke hearts on the pizza and scatter with the remaining tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with the remaining teaspoon basil olive oil then bake pizza 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup asiago and return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheeses are melted.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group