Arabian Couscous with Pine Nuts and Raisins
Pine nuts are among the more notable supposed aphrodisiacs, and this is a delicious way to showcase them. To make it even more sensual, as well as colorful, add some diced avocado. This is very tasty dish that comes together very quickly.
- Serves 3.
- 1 tbsp margarine
- ½ small onion minced
- ½ medium carrot diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup dark raisins plumped in hot water 5 – 10 minutes
- ½ cup couscous
- 2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Add onion and carrot; saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and raisins, raise heat to high and bring liquid to a boil.
- Add couscous, stir briefly, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in pine nuts and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.