Great tasty Arabic baklava.
- In a pan put the water and sugar and heat until boiling.
- Once it start boiling add the lemon and leave in for another 15 minutes until the syrup start thickening.
- Set a side to cool.
- Preheat oven.
- Brush the surface of the baking tray ( square or rectangular shape 24 x40 cm) with oil.
- Melt the butter or the ghee.
- Put on layer of dough in the baking tray and brush it with the ghee, repeat 6 times.
- On the side mix the walnuts with the sugar and the pistachios.
- Spread the walnut mix equally on top of the dough.
- Spread ¼ cup of the ghee on top of the walnuts.
- Put another dough on top of the walnut and brush it with ghee.
- Repeat the last step 12 times.
- Wet your fingers with water and gently wipe the last dough.
- Brush the last dough with ghee generously.
- Cut the baklava into small squares.
- Put the baklava in the oven.
- Bake on 325°F for about half an hour then on 450°F for the last 5-10 minutes until it turns golden and crunchy.
- Take the baklava out of the oven and immediately pour the cooled sugar syrup on it.
- Serve at room temperature.