Apple Rice Bake
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tart cooking apple, pared, cored, and chopped
- ⅓ cup seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Measure rice into large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs with sugar and salt in small mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, sour cream, and milk; mix thoroughly. Pour over rice. Add apple and raisins; stir well.
- Pour into buttered shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over rice mixture.
- Bake at 375 °F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.