Apple Cider Chicken Stew
- Combine the flour, pepper and clove in a large plastic bag.
- Shake chicken a few pieces at a time in the flour until lightly coated.
- In a heavy, non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown until the flesh turns white on all sides.
- Remove to pan.
- In same skillet, add tomatoes, onion, chopped apple and cider.
- Bring to a simmer, then add chicken and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Add basil and orange zest.
- Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.