A word about substitutes in this recipe. I use light mayo in everything as well as low sodium products, so feel free to use them too. You can also substitute dried cherries or cranberries for the raisins. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Makes 6 (½-cup) servings
- 2½ cups diced red apples (2 to 3 medium)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- In large bowl, combine apples, celery and cranberries and mix well.
- In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise, orange juice and ginger root.
- Add dressing to salad; stir gently to coat.
- Serve on 6 individual lettuce-lined plates==References==
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group