Apple-Cinnamon Wontons à la Mode
Contributed by Delma at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yields: 6 Servings. 4 wontons, 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar and ½ cup of ice cream per serving.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- 2 servings butter-flavor cooking spray
- 2 medium apples, McIntosh, peeled, cored and minced
- 1 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 wonton wrappers, (half a 12 oz package)
- 1½ tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 cups light vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat apples.
- Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface.
- Drop apple mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal.
- Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface with cooking spray.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Place wontons on individual plates and sift with powdered sugar.
- Serve with ice cream on the side==References==